Thursday, April 15, 2010

Claire is here...

Well, it was a VERY long start to a very quick delivery! We arrived at Summerlin Hospital at 2am, Sunday morning, when they scheduled me and they put us in the waiting room b/c they were full...oh my. At almost 3 am they put us in our room. They started the meds that were supposed to prepare me for my induction, however, after 12 hours of the medicine working, it did NOTHING so...they wanted to do it AGAIN....and AGAIN, after 12 hours, it did NOTHING! UH...it was very frustrating and tiring. I wasn't sleeping b/c of contractions and constant nurses in my room so before the birth process even began, I was exhausted! They decided around 10am on Monday that they would start me on petocin, the induction medicine and hope that it wouldn't send me to a c-section b/c my body didn't respond to the previous medicine. So, around 11:45am the meds started....it was a slow process. The contractions picked up and started to become unbearable.....next came the epideral. Soon after, I started making progress VERY quickly. For some reason my epideral wasn't working properly and I started having crazy, intense pain near the end, they gave me some more and it got better. Not to share too much info but...next came the GREAT and EASY part..the nurse wanted me to start pushing, I pushed once and she told me to stop and wait for the doctor b/c Claire was ready to enter the world. The Dr. came, as he was getting ready to deliver her, she just started coming on her own..after one little push, out she came, YAY! She was perfect. The cord was around her neck but it wasn't a scare at all, she was fine. Crazy thing is, she weighed 7 lbs 3 oz and the whole reason why I was being induced early was b/c they were expecting her to be very small and to outweight some risks, wanted her to not go past term....she was definitely smaller than Carson which definitely helped with the process :)


Carson came to see us the next day...we had missed him SOOOOO much! He acted SO much differently than we had expected. He got all shy and was not interested in being with us at all. After a few minutes and a few fruit snacks, he got over it and was loving on us and Claire.




Here are a few more pics of our precious daughter. We are SO blessed and excited to have her at home, it also helps that my body feels a million times better :)





1 comment:

  1. she is precious - look at all that hair! i love the sweet kisses from carson!

    ReplyDelete